The last few weeks I have been feeling a little bit off, nothing major just a little bit blue. When ever I feel a little bit blue I like to think of what I have to look forward to in the coming months. This time of year is always a bit quiet. We have Matilda’s birthday in a couple of months, and Easter of course. So far though we don’t have any holidays planned. This time last year I was planning for Disneyland.
We’ve never had a typical summer holiday as a family. Our honeymoon was in New York, we have of course been to Disneyland. We visited Greece when my mum was living there, but not for a typical beach holiday. Other then that we have had UK breaks, we have made some amazing memories, but I am craving some sunshine with the children.
So when Mark Warner announced this years #MarkWarnerMum programme I knew I wanted to try and be involved. This year they have asked us to come up with our top 10 travel must haves. Since I read the spec I haven’t thought about much else. We came up with ideas together and ended up with such a long list, it seemed impossible to reach that magic number. Now the children are getting slightly older I can forget about some of the things we would have needed previously. No more travel cots, no worrying about baby milk and even organising their clothes is getting easier.
Finally after a lot of consideration we have finalised our top 10, with a little bit of input from everyone, trying to cover the practical and the fun.
Our #MarkWarnerMum Mood Board
This is our top 10, and the reasons that we think they are best.
- The beach We all love going to the beach, even for a winter walk. Matilda and Arthur have never been on the beach abroad, and Harry was too young to remember his trip to Greece. They would absolutely adore playing in the sand and splashing in the sea.
- Camera Ask anyone, I don’t go far without one of my camera’s. So you can be sure I would be taking both the cameras and a good supply of batteries, chargers and memory cards.
- Journal When we were on our honeymoon I bought an I heart NY notebook and wrote in it every day some of the memories of today. I then done the same for our holidays in Disneyland. I know that we will love reading through them all one day. It’s also a great place to stick in some photos from the trip too.
- Beach Bag I am going to need a big beach bag to store all of the things that three children need for a day at the beach. I have been doing some online window shopping and found some lovely ones.
- Bucket and Spade This was Harry’s suggestion, if he is going to the beach he won’t go without a bucket and spade.
- Ipad I actually hate we all depend on these so much nowadays. But travelling with children I am willing to use whatever it takes to make the flight more enjoyable. Not only the children and myself, but also the other passengers nearby.
- Bikini’s I haven’t worn a bikini in 7 years! And I can’t imagine wanting to wear one right now, but if I am lucky enough to get a holiday in the sun this year I am going to make myself find the confidence to wear one.
- Floppy Hats Plenty of hats for all of us, to keep little heads cool in the hot sun.
- Ice Cream We all love ice cream, come rain or shine. When Matilda mentioned it for the list I couldn’t believe it wasn’t already on the list.
- Last but not least Family. Sometimes all I want is a break from being an adult, to just have some peace and quiet. But I just couldn’t go on holiday without all of my little family I would miss them far too much.
That is my top 10 travel must haves. You can find some of my choices on my Pinterest board and I also made a short video of my mood board which you can see below.